Confirmation of Five Factors That Affect Temper Tantrums In Preschool Children: A Literature Review
Temper Tantrum can cause aggressive behavior that endangers the child and the people in their environment, makes the child feel inferior, curses, injures, and even causes death. The research objective is to determine the effect of family environment, parenting, self-adjustment, children's independence and emotional intelligence on the temper tantrums of preschool children. The research design used cross sectional. The results showed that the variable Temper Tantrum of preschool children was directly influenced by the family environment 29.8%, 22% parenting style, 8.68% adjustment, 4.53% children's independence, 7.06% emotional intelligence. While the direct effect of the family environment on self-adjustment is 44.7%, adjustment to emotional intelligence is 13.72%, parenting styles for self-adjustment are 3.61%, parenting styles for self-sufficiency 16.15%, family environment on independence 67.55% of children, parenting patterns of emotional intelligence 7.87%, family environment to emotional intelligence 54.49%, family environment to parenting 66.12% of parents, independence of children to adjustment 10.11% with Thus it was concluded that the family environment most influenced the temper tantrums of preschool children at RW 02, because the family environment was the child's first medium in socializing. Suggestions for children's independence and parenting styles for parents should give new enthusiasm for the activities given as well as for the children's achievements, achievements or efforts in realizing certain goals, which can be in the form of giving numbers or values, gifts, praise and awards, establishing good communication between children and parents.
2. Andriyani J. Correlation of the Role of the Family on Adolescent Adaptation. Al-Bayan [Internet]. 2016; 22 (34): 39–52. Available from: http://www.e-psikologi.com/remaja/160802.htm
3. Anugraheni I. Hypnoparenting Against Temper Tantrums in Preschool Children in Bina Insani Integrated Islamic Kindergarten, Mojoroto District, Kediri City. World of Nursing. 2017; 5 (1): 21.
4. Dinantia F, Indriati G, Nauli FA, Study P, Nursing I, Riau U. and Intensity of Temper Tantrum Behavior. 2007; 1–8.
5. Fitriana F, Lanavia S. The Influence of Children's Temper Tantrum Handling Strategies through Puzzle Game Therapy. Sai Betik's Nursing Science. 2019; 14 (2): 236.
6. Syam S. The Relationship of Parenting Patterns to the Incidence of Temper Tantrums in Toddlers in Paud Dewi Kunti Surabaya. J Promkes [Internet]. 2013; 1 (2): 164–9. Available from: http://journal.unair.ac.id/download-fullpapers-jupromkes7483a304abfull.pdf
7. Chanani S, Wacksman J, Deshmukh D, Pantvaidya S, Fernandez A, Jayaraman A. M-Health for Improving Screening Accuracy of Acute Malnutrition in a Community-Based Management of Acute Malnutrition Program in Mumbai Informal Settlements. Food Nutr Bull. 2016; 37 (4): 504–16.
8. Gresik HN. PRE-SCHOOL AGE Factors Related to Independence in Preschool Age Children Yuanita Syaiful *, Lilis Fatmawati *, Wanda Mahfuzatin Nafisah * Nurse Study Program Faculty of Health SciencesGresik University Jl. A. R
9. Nurmawati T, Wulandari N. Differences in Independence in Fulfillment of ADL (Activity Daily Living) of Preschool-aged Children in terms of Family Type in the MTBS UPTD Poli Puskesmas Kepanjenkidul District, Blitar City. J Nursing Image. 2020; 8 (1): 16–21.
10. Yiw'Wiyouf R, Ismanto A, Babakal A. Relationship between Communication Patterns and Temper Tantrum Incidents in Pre-School Children in Islamic Center Manado Kindergarten. J Nursing UNSRAT. 2017; 5 (1): 110265.
11. Sukma M, Arifin RF, Putra F. Relationship between Parents' Communication with Children and Children's Temper Tantrums in Nurul Hidayah Kindergarten. Health Library. 2019; 7 (2): 106.
12. Enni Rahmawati. Differences in the Independence of 5-6 Years Old Children in the View of Parental Care in Kindergarten Kartini, Demak Regency. Riau University Nursing Study Program, Indonesia. 2015;
13. Seni P, Syarif DFT. Tantrum Behavior in Kindergarten Children, Rahmat Al-Falah, Group B, Palangka Raya. Suluh J Guidance and Counseling. 2017; 2 (2): 6–11.
14. Syahailatua J, Kartini K. Maternal knowledge about growth and development is related to the development of children aged 1-3 years. J Biomedics and Health. 2020; 3 (2): 77–83.